bechia ledorot, b'chia l'dorot, bchia ledorot, bekhia ledorot, b'khia l'dorot, bkhia ledorot, behia ledorot, b'hia l'dorot, bhia ledorot, b'chiya l'dorot, bchiya ledorot, bekhiya ledorot, b'khiya l'dorot, bkhiya ledorot, behiya ledorot, b'hiya l'dorot, bhiya ledorot, bechiah ledorot, b'chiah l'dorot, bchiah ledorot, bekhiah ledorot, b'khiah l'dorot, bkhiah ledorot, behiah ledorot, b'hiah l'dorot, bhiah ledorot, bechiyah ledorot, b'chiyah l'dorot, bchiyah ledorot, bekhiyah ledorot, b'khiyah l'dorot, bkhiyah ledorot, behiyah ledorot, b'hiyah l'dorot, bhiyah ledorot, bechia ledoros, b'chia l'doros, bchia ledoros, bekhia ledoros, b'khia l'doros, bkhia ledoros, behia ledoros, b'hia l'doros, bhia ledoros, bechiya ledoros, b'chiya l'doros, bchiya ledoros, bekhiya ledoros, b'khiya l'doros, bkhiya ledoros, behiya ledoros, b'hiya l'doros, bhiya ledoros, bechiah ledoros, b'chiah l'doros, bchiah ledoros, bekhiah ledoros, b'khiah l'doros, bkhiah ledoros, behiah ledoros, b'hiah l'doros, bhiah ledoros, bechiyah ledoros, b'chiyah l'doros, bchiyah ledoros, bekhiyah ledoros, b'khiyah l'doros, bkhiyah ledoros, behiyah ledoros, b'hiyah l'doros, bhiyah ledoros, bkhie ledores, bkhiye ledores, bkhie ledoyres, bkhiye ledoyres, bechiya ladorot, bechiya ladoros, bechiya le-dorot, bechiya le-doros
- "A cause for eternal regret" (Glinert)
- "If they allow that reactor to be built there, it'll be a bechiya le-dorot." (Glinert)
- "Even Menachem Begin, who was not at all wishy washy, maintained that Jews must not let disagreements divide them into irreconcilable camps. He himself warned in a speech, 'Twenty centuries ago we faced the bitter experience of the destruction of our Second Temple, the destruction of our capital Jerusalem. And why? Because of our senseless hatred of each other, a hatred that led to civil war and to our utter ruin: bechiya ladorot – generations of tears.'" (https://cbisd.org/iran-deal-room-to-disagree/)
- "Ben-Gurion qualified the cabinet's decision as bechiya ledorot ("a source of lament for generations") considering Israel may have lost forever the Old City of Jerusalem." (https://peoplepill.com/people/david-ben-gurion/)
- "It will be a bechiya ledoros if local health departments become the arbiters of halachic practice." (http://rabbipinchoslipschutz.blogspot.com/2005/02/freedom-to-practice.html)
- "So successful was the Yetzer Hara’s counter attack that, instead of Yemos HaMashiach, we inherited a bechiya ledoros, and, at the time of this writing, Mashiach has not yet come." (http://nleresources.com/2017/06/anatomy-of-a-seeming-lie-understanding-the-meraglim-free-nle-morasha-shiur-on-can-you-ever-tell-a-lie/#.XxnwtpNKj6Y)
Languages of Origin
בכיה לדורות bekhiya ledorot 'a crying/lament for generations'
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Israel: Diaspora Jews who feel connected to Israel and have spent time there
The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.