s'gan rosh, segan rosh, sgan-rosh, s'gan-rosh, segan-rosh
- The assistant head of a division or area of camp (e.g. age group, sport, art, education).
- principal of a school, assistant head
- "David worked as Sgan Rosh Sport last summer."
- "Rav Margolis was the Sgan Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshiva Torah Temimah in Flatbush for the past 35 years." (https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/1846438/corona-victim-hagaon-harav-mendel-margolis-ztl-sgan-rosh-yeshiva-torah-temimah.html)
- "Rav Ezra Starr is Sgan Rosh Moshava for Eidot Hey and Aleph." (https://moshava.org/senior-staff/)
- "Rabbi Judah Dardik is a Sgan Rosh Yeshiva (Assistant Dean) and Gemara R"am, teaching Talmud, Halachah, Jewish Philosophy, Personal Growth and oversees student welfare." (https://www.orayta.org/our-team/administrative-staff/rabbi-judah-dardik.html)
Languages of Origin
סגן ראש 'assistant head'
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Camp: Jews who attend or work at a Jewish overnight summer camp
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.