interj. "So they may increase in number."
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
כן ירבו kein yirbu 'more the better'
- Religious: Jews who are engaged in religious observance and have some Jewish education
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
ken yirbu, keyn yirbu
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.