- introduction or preface (to a book)
- "In fact, it says in the hakdoma to the Rosh Hashana davening in the Siddur HaGra..." (http://bennistar.tumblr.com/post/93139843329/i-was-wondering-if-you-could-shed-some-light-on)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- הקדמה hakdamá (Israeli/Sephardic), hakdóme, hakdúme (Ashkenazic/Yiddish)
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
hakdomah, hakdoma, hakduma, hakdamah
- Sometimes used synonymously with haskama or haskoma (הסכמה), a rabbi's note of approbation at the front of a book.
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.