- charitable support for poor young women to get married
- "Good evening. I've come for hachnasat kala for girls in Israel." (Glinert, The Joys of Hebrew)
Languages of Origin
- Textual Hebrew
- Hebrew הכנסת כלה "marrying off the bride", lit. "the bride entering"
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Organizations: People involved in a professional or volunteer capacity with Jewish nonprofit organizations
- North America
- The Joys of Hebrew, by Lewis Glinert (New York, 1992).
Who Uses This
hachnasat kala, hachnasas kallah, hachnasat kallah, hakhnoses kale
- Stress on last syllables in Modern Hebrew: hachnaSAT kaLA. On penultimate in Ashkenazi/Yiddish pronunciation, with a different vowel: hachNOsas KAla
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.