- neck, throat (generally of poultry)
- "My mother makes fricazee with gorgols (necks) pipiks (bellybuttons) and small meatballs in a tomato sauce over rice." (http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55549)
Languages of Origin
- גאָרגל gorgl 'neck'
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Sometimes said in the diminutive: gergilech, gergilekh, gergilach, gergelekh, gergelach, gergalach, gergl, gergel, etc.
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.