schpitz, shpits, shpitzy, shpitsy
- top or extreme part
- the ultimate, the best of, "cool"
- typical, classic, a perfect example of; definitively
- -Shpitz Shmulley to buy that! -That tie is so shpitz you! -Shpiiitz!!
- A Ferrari is the shpitz sports car.
- He is the schpitz of assimilation...
Languages of Origin
שפּיץ shpits 'tip, peak'
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Younger: Jews in their 30s or younger
Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Steinmetz, "Yiddish and English" has an entry for shpits, but the meaning is simply 'tip.'
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.