- coarse, base, not classy, vulgar, common
- He didn't have to tell us all about the sex on his honeymoon. He's so prost!
Languages of Origin
- פּראָסט prost
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Who Uses This
pruste, proste, prust
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.