- still, yet, moreover
- "Smolka, who swam in the pool at Olympic Park, he's alive too? And a professor at Princeton noch?" (Philip Roth, Portnoy's Complaint)
- "Give me nokh an example" (Rosten)
Languages of Origin
- נאָך nokh
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- The New Joys of Yiddish, by Leo Rosten and Lawrence Bush (New York, 2003).
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
Who Uses This
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.