- the world to come, hereafter
- a far away place
- He moved to someplace, I don't know where it is, yenevelt.
Languages of Origin
- יענע װעלט yene velt 'lit. that world; the World to Come'
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Yiddish and English: A Century of Yiddish in America, by Sol Steinmetz (Tuscaloosa, 1986).
Who Uses This
yene velt, yenne velt
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.