tahke, takah, takeh, take
- (can also be used ironically)
- Is that so? Really, actually, indeed, "in consideration of all the information available" (Weiser)
- "I tahke have more in common with the new Chasidishe bochur than I would have thought." (Weiser 95)
- "He's a taka genius." (ironic)
- "I taka just realized that I have to go to shul now, see you later."
Languages of Origin
Who Uses This
Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.