- (can also be used ironically)
- Is that so? Really, actually, indeed, "in consideration of all the information available" (Weiser)
- "I tahke have more in common with the new Chasidishe bochur than I would have thought." (Weiser 95)
- "He's a taka genius." (ironic)
- "I taka just realized that I have to go to shul now, see you later."
Languages of Origin
- טאַקע táke
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
tahke, takah, takeh, take
Edit See something you disagree with? Feel free to edit it. All changes will be moderated.