adv. Is that so?
adv. Really, actually, indeed, "in consideration of all the information available." (Weiser) (can also be used ironically.)
Languages of Origin
- Orthodox: Jews who identify as Orthodox and observe halacha (Jewish law)
- Older: Jews who are middle-aged and older
- Ashkenazim: Jews with Ashkenazi heritage
- North America
- Great Britain
- South Africa
- Frumspeak: The First Dictionary of Yeshivish, by Chaim Weiser (Northvale, 1995).
- Dictionary of Jewish Usage: A Popular Guide to the Use of Jewish Terms, by Sol Steinmetz (Lanham, MD, 2005).
Who Uses This
tahke, takah, takeh, take
Edit Something missing from this entry? Inaccurate? Feel free to suggest an edit.